This fall, Kenwood Records had the opportunity to give a presentation to many statewide Human Resource professionals at the 2013 State of Iowa SHRM Conference. Their 101 session was entitled: Welcome to the Digital World-Converting your HR Documents to a Digitized State. The session discussed the imaging process for HR records, its advantages, and cost benefit of digital image formatting. With over 50 HR professionals in attendance, Kenwood was able to articulate the steps necessary for implementing digital processes. In addition they were able to interact with HR practitioners on how to get their business environment ready for the digital world.
Points to Ponder:
- Paper filing systems surpass growth of more than 20% per year.
- 40% of the data implemented by companies is not readily accessible.
- Support staff spends up to 60% of their time searching for documents.
- The average document is copied 9 to 11 times.
- Filing costs average $20 per document.
- A standard four-drawer file cabinet holds an average of 9,000 to 12,000 documents and takes up to 9 square feet of floor space, and costs $1,500 per year.
- More than 70% of today’s companies would fail within 3 weeks if they suffered a disastrous loss of paper-based records due to flood or fire.
KENWOOD Hosts ARMA Chapter Meeting
This month, Kenwood is sponsoring the ARMA (Association of Records Managers & Administrators) Central Iowa Chapter meeting which will be held in downtown Cedar Rapids at the Alliant Energy Tower. This roundtable discussion will bring Records Managers and Administrators together to discuss recent trends in the records management industry. Kenwood will also provide a presentation on their company’s services.